Six G will not connect to Calman - steps for troubleshooting
Here are a few tips and tricks that will help you troubleshoot if your Six G (GEN1 or GEN2) will not connect to Calman:
1) Confirm that Windows generates a COM port in Device Manager when you connect the Six G. If not, you may need to reload the driver. The Calman driver pack can be found here
2) Try a different USB port on your PC
3) Try a different USB cable
4) If you are using a USB hub, bypass that and connect the Six G directly to your PC
5) Is the USB port on the Six G physically broken? You can connect via serial and the Six G will operate as normal. You will need the cable that is described in the attached PDF. If you do not have one feel free to contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact support via the chat feature on murideo.com and we will supply the cable as a courtesy.
6) Manually set the generator to a timing that is not 4k. I recommend one of the 1080p timings. Then attempt to connect to Calman.
7) Do you have the latest version of Calman? Locate the red dropdown menu that is labeled "Calman" in the upper left corner of Calman. Click the dropdown, then select "About", then "Check for a newer version".
8) Do you have the latest FW on your Six G? Firmware with instructions are located at murideo.com under the "Firmware" tab at the top of the page.
Still having issues? Contact support via chat on murideo.com, email us at email@example.com, or you can submit a ticket directly from this portal.
i1pro3 not connecting to Calman
The i1Pro3 from X-Rite is a brand new spectroradiometer from X-Rite. it is the successor to the i1Pro2. You can check it out here: https://www.xrite.com/categories/calibration-profiling/i1basic-pro-3 If you have an i1pro3 but it will not connect to ...
HDMI cable test with Murideo test equipment
Here are the steps needed to perform an HDMI cable test with the Murideo Six G/Six A test kit 1) Connect the HDMI cable that you would like to test to the Six G 2) Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the Six A 3) Power up both units 4) Press ...
Murideo Seven G not connecting to PC
We have had a report (specifically with a brand new Dell XPS laptop with Windows 10) that the driver for the Seven G is not working after the normal installation. *NOTE - If the driver loads and functions correctly no action is required. These steps ...
Error message when opening Six G/Six A PC control software
Some users have reported an error message when trying to download and open the PC Control software for the Six G and the Six A (regardless of the units are 4k or 8k). See attached pic for the error message. The issue is related to Windows and a DLL ...
Murideo guide to light meters
A light meter is one of the essential pieces of hardware that should be in every calibrator's kit. There are a lot of different meters used for display calibration, and in this guide I will cover the different types of light meters and the pros and ...